Grandma Coutts stew receipe
Rate this recipe 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- 1 to 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 or 3 celery stalks cut
- 4- 6 carrots halved lengthwise
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp. salt and paprika
- pinch pepper, basisl or thyme
- 1 - 10 oz. can tomato soup
- 1 - 10 oz. can water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place all ingredients in 3 qt.dutch oven and stire until thoroughly mixed. Cover tightly and bake at 325 oven.
I bake this stew in a cast iron dutch oven.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Potatoes with Goat Cheese 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Mom's Swiss Steak 3.4/5 (16 Votes)
- 'Spicy' Teriyaki Pork or Chicken 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Roast Beef 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- RED COOKED BEEF 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Cheesy Potatoes 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Mimi's chicken stew 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe