Mom's Swiss Steak
An easy crock pot recipe that can cook all day, and be ready for dinner.
- 1 family pack cubed steak (about 4-6 pieces)
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 2 jars Prego Garden Variety spaghetti sauce
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 C flour
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Slice onions and peppers. Place tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, onions, and peppers into crock pot. Season steaks with salt and pepper and then roll in flour and brown on stove top.
Once steaks are brown, add them to the crock pot and allow to simmer for 2 hours or longer. The longer they stay in the pot, the more tender they will be.
You'll also love
- April cube steak 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken/Steak Fajita 4/5 (5 Votes)
- 'Spicy' Teriyaki Pork or Chicken 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Roast Beef 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- RED COOKED BEEF 3.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pulled Pork 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Fiesta Taco Soup 3.8/5 (54 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Review this recipe