A powder to make Authentic south Indian recipe "Sambhar"
- Dhania (coriander seeds) - 2 cups
- Peppercorn (whole) -1/2 cup
- Tuar dal (pigeon pea) - 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tablespoon.
- Red Chilli powder and Turmeric powder- Measured at last
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dry roast in the following order:
Roast Pepper- till it cracks
Roast Dhania, Tuar dal and fenugreek -till dal turns brown.
In a mixer, grind all into a fine powder.
Measure the amount of powder.
Add 2 powder:1 (or) 3/4 chilli powder depending on how spicy you want: 1/4 cup or 1 cooking spoon Turmeric powder.
Let it cool. Store preferably in a glass container.
My Cheat sheet: Add same amount of coriander powder and pepper powder instead of coriander seeds and peppercorns.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Mango Chutney (Mango Relish, Aam... 4.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Molagai Podi/South Indian Chutney... 4.8/5 (7 Votes)
- Rava Idly 4.5/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy broth and tangy tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!