Sambhar Podi (version 2)
This is how my mom makes it.
- Red chillies- 8 cup
- Coriander seeds - 6 cup
- Tuar Dal -1/2 cup
- Channa dal-1/2 cup
- Mustard -1/8 cup
- Fenugreek seeds -1/8 cup
- Peppercorn -1/8 cup
- Turmeric -5 count or 1/4 cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dry roast everything seperately.
Lightly fry Red chillies & Coriander seeds till it gets warm.
Roast Tuar Dal & Channa dal till light brown.
Roast Mustard & Fenugreek seeds till it fully splits.
Roast peppercorn till one of them splits.
Leave turmeric as it is.
Grind all together till it is a fine powder.
Cool and store.
If turmeric is not available add powder at end.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!