Sambhar Podi (version 2)
This is how my mom makes it.
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red chillies- 8 cup
- Coriander seeds - 6 cup
- Tuar Dal -1/2 cup
- Channa dal-1/2 cup
- Mustard -1/8 cup
- Fenugreek seeds -1/8 cup
- Peppercorn -1/8 cup
- Turmeric -5 count or 1/4 cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Dry roast everything seperately.
Lightly fry Red chillies & Coriander seeds till it gets warm.
Roast Tuar Dal & Channa dal till light brown.
Roast Mustard & Fenugreek seeds till it fully splits.
Roast peppercorn till one of them splits.
Leave turmeric as it is.
Grind all together till it is a fine powder.
Cool and store.
If turmeric is not available add powder at end.
You'll also love
- Side- Tartar sauce 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy broth and tangy tomato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dreamsicle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Purple Power 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chili Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Savita's Channa Masala 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe