Cauliflower Cheese Pizza
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yields about 3 cups once processed)
- ½ cup / 1.7 oz / 50 gr mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 ladlefuls tomato sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon oregano
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease liberally with olive oil.
In a food processor rice the cauliflower. Transfer to a microwave dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze out as much moisture as you can (I squeezed out more than 1 cup of liquid). This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry. Otherwise you’ll end up with a mushy dough, not a crusty one.
Transfer the cauliflower flour to a mixing bowl and add egg, mozzarella, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
Using your hands, press the mixture onto the baking sheet and shape into a thin pizza “disc”.
Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Spread tomato sauce evenly on the dough; top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve hot (btw it holds very well when reheated in the microwave)
Yields a 12-inch pizza (feeds 4)
The whole pie has 515 calories, 30 grams of fat, 25 grams of carbs and 73.2 grams of protein.
Assuming that you’re not eating the whole pie by yourself, but that you’re sharing it with 2 other people, then one serving yields 171 calories, 10 grams of fat, 8.3 grams of carbs and 12.4 grams of protein.
You'll also love
- Macaroni & Cheese 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Steak and Cheese Pie 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Cauliflower Manchurian dry [or]... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pizza pan 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cauliflower with cheesesauce 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Pillsbury Pizza 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Punturieri Pizza 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini pizzas with summer vegetables 3.7/5 (82 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!