Fudge- Full Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut butter cake like bottom layer topped with a fudge layer with coconut.
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 2 eggs
- Fudge filling
- 1 cup or 6 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk 14oz can
- 1 can Coconut Pecan frosting or German Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Fudge filling from scratch:
- 1 cup or 6oz package of semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, peanut butter, butter and eggs. By hand, stir until dough holds together. Press 2/3 of dough into bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch glass baking dish. Reserve remaining dough to topping.
Prepare filling by combining chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk in a heavy sauce pan. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Removed from heat. Stir in frosting and powdered sugar. Add more sugar if too thin. Spread filling over dough in baking dish. Crumble reserved dough on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. cool completely and cut into bars. Makes approximately 24, 2 inch bars.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Grandpa's Blue Ribbon Banana Bread 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Rice Pudding 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Oats or Peanut Butter Cookies 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Maple Fudge frosting 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- peanut butter fudge 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Crunchies 2.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Flavored Fruit Bars 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.