Mj's Famous Chicken Solvaki Salad
By maryjo young
A yummy Greek chicken salad with fresh veggies, feta cheese served with a warm pita bread.
- Bonless skinless chicken breast, 2 heads of romaine lettuce, 1 onion, 1 tomato, cucumber slices, 1sm. Can of black olives or Greek olives, feta cheese and pita breads. A spoonful of butter or margarine. Greek dressing.
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Put chicken into oven pan and cook 30-45 min. Depending on size of chicken.
When chicken is done set aside to cool.
Meanwhile wash and cut up romaine heads.place into a strainer and rinse again with cold water. Pat the romaine dry with paper towel then place into fridge.
Cut tomatoes to desired liking and slice onions then set aside.
Butter lightly one side of pita breads and set aside.
Open olives and drain if needed place into bowl and set aside.
When chicken is cooled to touch chop chicken into small square pieces.
Remove romaine lettuce from fridge and portion onto plates. Add your veggies and olives. Then add desired amount of chicken and Greek dressing. Top with feta cheese.
Put your buttered pita bread butter side down into sm. Frying pan and heat untill toasted on both sides. Serve with salad.
Instead of chicken you can use beef / steak.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.