Club Soda Bread
- 12 oz club soda
- 3 c self rising flour
- 4 T sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
mix all quickly with a spoon.
Batter will be sticky.
pour into a greased bread pan.
bake 350 50-60 minutes
You'll also love
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (127 Votes)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana Oatmeal Granola Cookies 3/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Patties 2.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpernickel Bread Dip 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Banana Oatmeal Walnut Cookies 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- PotatoCurd Curry 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Homemade French Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!