Chicken, Mushroom and Rice Oh My
Hearty and delicious
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 large chopped onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup finely sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 package chicken rice a roni
- 1/2 cup minute rice
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon chicken soup base
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Melt first 1/4 cup of butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
Add chicken, onion and mushroom. Cook until chicken is browned and thoroughly cooked. Set aside.
In another large frying pan, melt second 1/4 cup of butter and fry the rice a roni noodles and the additional 1/2 cup of rice omitting the seasoning pack until noodles become browned.
Combine rice and chicken mixture in pan with the chicken broth, seasoning package from box and the chicken soup base.
Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
You'll also love
- Boiled Crawfish 2.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken... 2.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Curry Chicken and Pasta Salad 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Chicken with... 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- beef stroganoff 2.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chicken and Mushroom Empanadas... 2.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Salad for 8 2.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken Soup 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.