Grammy's pumpkin pie/ custards
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pie crust
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Pour into pie crust or 4 small custard cups.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon or cinnamon and all spice.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes then 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until set.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!