Beef n Cheddar Enchiladas
Enchiladas with cheese n sauce.
- SAUCE- 2 1/2 c. canned enchiilada sauce OR 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp butter 1 can tomatoes 1 can tomato sauce 1 tbsp chili powder
- BEEF Filling:
- 1 pound ground beef 1 package taco seasoning
- 12 soft corn tortillas 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. each sugar and salt 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/8 tsp.cloves
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
For homemade sauce saute onions in butter.Add remaining ingredients.Simmer 10 min.
For filling brown beef drain fat.Add taco seasoning and cook.
Lightly brown tortillas in butter on both sides.
Evenly spoon meat,cheese,and the onion into tortillas then place in baking pan.Pour sauce over all.
Bake 350 for 15 -20 min.
Add shredded cheese at last few minutes of baking to top.
Done when melted and hot.
You'll also love
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Thousand Island Taco Salad 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower/Brocolli Soup 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Chili 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
- THE Chili 2.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Mexican fruit 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.