Gluten Free Spaghetti Squash Meat Sauce
Gluten Free Spaghetti Squash Meat Sauce. Discover our recipe.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 4 big cloves of garlic
- 1 package mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1lb organic ground turkey
- 1 jar pasta sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from healthyeatingandliving.ca
Preheat your oven to 400F.
Chop off the stem of the squash and then cut in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon.
Brush with coconut oil, and place face down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Roast for 40 minutes.
Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a frying pan. Mince the garlic and dice the onion, then saute for 5 minutes.
Chop all remaining vegetables and add them to the pan.
Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper and continue to stir.
Once all the vegetables are almost fully cooked, add the ground turkey, and cook for another 10 minutes
Once the turkey is cooked, add the pasta sauce, and turn down the heat to low
Simmer for another 10 minutes
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.