Vegetable salad recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Vegetable salad recipes
Grated Carrot Salad
In bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) shredded carrots1 green onion
The Greens Salad
In 1-quart saucepan, cook almonds and 4 teaspoons sugar over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until ...
- Sugared Almonds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) almonds
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sugar
- Sweet-Sour Dressing
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash red pepper sauce
- 6 cups (1.5 L) salad greens (any combination of your favourite greens)
- 2 medium celery stalks
- chopped (1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 medium green onions
- thinly sliced (2 tbsp/30 mL)
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments