Vegetable salad recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Vegetable salad recipes
Grated Carrot Salad
In bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) shredded carrots1 green onion
The Greens Salad
In 1-quart saucepan, cook almonds and 4 teaspoons sugar over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until ...
- Sugared Almonds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) almonds
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sugar
- Sweet-Sour Dressing
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash red pepper sauce
- 6 cups (1.5 L) salad greens (any combination of your favourite greens)
- 2 medium celery stalks
- chopped (1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 medium green onions
- thinly sliced (2 tbsp/30 mL)
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments