Our Greek meze recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Greek meze recipes
"skinny" greek spanakopita triangles
By european cutie, European Cutie
This is my healthier version of the traditional greek spanakopita
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 ounce frozen spinach (thawed)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 12 ounce crumbled fresh feta cheese
- 2 medium eggs, beaten (organic)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick butter ( fat free, melted)
- 1 package phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
My Greek stepfather's favorite was dolmades, (stuffed grape leaves) and I remember my mother in the kitchen making
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh minced dill
- 1/4 cup fresh minced mint
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth (a yellow broth is best), divided
- 50 large grape leaves (fresh or jarred)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves, lemon slices, and olives (for garnish - optional) you may buy the jarred ones but fresh is the best tasting and more authentic!
Put yogurt in a bowl Put garlic through a press and using the edge of a knife, spread garlic on yogurt
- 16 ounces natural, full dairy yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cucumber
potatoes and onions
- Potatoes ,onions, Greek spice, olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice