Our Greek meze recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Greek meze recipes
"skinny" greek spanakopita triangles
By european cutie, European Cutie
This is my healthier version of the traditional greek spanakopita
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 ounce frozen spinach (thawed)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 12 ounce crumbled fresh feta cheese
- 2 medium eggs, beaten (organic)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick butter ( fat free, melted)
- 1 package phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
My Greek stepfather's favorite was dolmades, (stuffed grape leaves) and I remember my mother in the kitchen making
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh minced dill
- 1/4 cup fresh minced mint
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth (a yellow broth is best), divided
- 50 large grape leaves (fresh or jarred)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves, lemon slices, and olives (for garnish - optional) you may buy the jarred ones but fresh is the best tasting and more authentic!
Put yogurt in a bowl Put garlic through a press and using the edge of a knife, spread garlic on yogurt
- 16 ounces natural, full dairy yogurt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cucumber
potatoes and onions
- Potatoes ,onions, Greek spice, olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice