Our mayonnaise sandwich recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Mayonnaise sandwich recipes
Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced sandwiches
With a healthy dose of protein, savoury tuna and delicious cheese pair well with a salad for a quick meal
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- seasonings to taste (eg., fresh or dried parsly, chopped green onions or dried onion flakes, cracked black pepper)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or, for reduced calories, use Walden Farms mayo-type spread)
- 4 slices weight Watcher's whole wheat or Squirrelly light sprouted grain bread
- 4 slices cheese eg., whole or light cheddar (or reduce calories further with 8 wedges light Laughing Cow cheese, each sliced in half)
Tunafish Sandwich With A Kick
Drain your tuna. Add Mayo, pickles, onions, celery and salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Can Tunafish
- 3-4 Sweet Gherkin Pickles diced
- Celery chopped
- 1t Onion diced
Open Face Tuna Fish Sandwiches
Combine the first 4 ingredients
- 2 cans tuna in water-drained
- 2 tablespoons diced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices of bread
- cheese slices
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Apply butter on the bread slices and add the filling of the chicken, black pepper, salt, and mayonnaise
- 1) Bread Slices
- 2) Boiled and Shredded Chicken
- 3) 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 4) 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 5) 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 6) Butter
- 7) Grated Cheddar Cheese
Classic Club Sandwich
Toast the bread in a toaster, or under a broiler on both sides
- 12 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 16 slices vine-ripened tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 16 ounces sliced roasted turkey
- 16 frill picks, or plastic cocktail swords
Pepper Steak Sandwiches
In large skillet, saute onion & pepper in 2T mayo until crisp-tender
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise divided
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing low calorie
- 3/4 pound deli roast beef
- 5 each hoagie rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese