The best quick desserts with marshmallows - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Quick desserts with marshmallows recipes
Mini Chocolate Cherry Flourless Cakes with Toasted Marshmallow
By hunwhatsfordinner, Hun... What's for Dinner?
Light and tender flourless chocolate cake, studded with sweet maraschino cherries and topped with marshmallow cream...
- 6 oz bitter sweet chocolate
- chopped (6 squares)
- 1/3C butter
- 3 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbs vanilla rum
- 1 Tbs hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 C maraschino cherries
- finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 1/4 C light cream
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff
- 5 maraschino cherries with stems (dipped in melted chocolate)
How to pair red wine with chocolate
A match made in heaven?
Toasted Marshmallow Icecream
Combine milk and sugar in pan over medium heat
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 7 ounces marshmallows
Fall in love at first bite with these oozing chocolate croquettes
By Chef Christophe
Follow this step-by-step recipe to sweet croquettes that ooze chocolate in every bite!
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 1 bag of rainbow marshmallows
- 1 can of chopped Pineapple (drained)
- 1-2 cups of Mandarin Oranges (drained
- 1 can of Fruit cocktail
- 1/2 cup of shredded sweet coconut
In double boiler pan dissolve marshmallows with the milk
- 30 big marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pint whip cream
- 1 large can crushed pineapples drained
- 14 graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
7 ways to do dessert on the grill
Go beyond the obvious BBQ recipes with these 7 grill-friendly desserts!
Chocolate Marshmallow Roll
By Lorrie Levere
Melt butter and chocolate
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup icing sugar
Chocolate Marshmallow Log
Another family favourite that never seems to last long ~ Chocolate Marshmallow Log!
- - 1 bag mini marshmallows
- - 1 box semi-sweet baking chocolate
- - 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- - 1 bag unsweetened coconut
- - Waxed paper
Hot Cocoa Cookies with Marshmallows
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and the 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- cut into 1 inch pieces
- 16 large marshmallows
- cut in half
Auntie Elnora's Marshmallows
Soak gelatine in cold water then dissolve in boiling water
- 1 package gelatine
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp corn starch