Veal Burger with Vegetables
- 4 hamburger buns,
- 14 oz of ground veal,
- 1 tomato,
- 1 red onion,
- 4 thin slices of cheddar,
- 4 mini zucchini
- 4 mini corn
- 4 baby carrots,
- 2 spring onions,
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce,
- olive oil
- salt, freshly ground pepper.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut zucchini, carrots and corn in half lengthwise. Peel the red onion and slice thinly. Chop finely the onions retain 1/3 of the green.
Pour the ground veal in a dish, add chopped onions, salt and pepper and then form into 4 patties using a cookie cutter.
Put a frying pan to heat with a drizzle of olive oil and brown the vegetables for 2 minutes per side. Add salt and pepper and keep warm.
Return pan to the heat, add a drizzle again with olive oil and put the chopped veal cook 5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, toast the hamburger buns.
The spread with barbecue sauce and then top with cheddar, onion, tomato slice, veal patty and vegetables. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!