Cinnamon Raisin TVP "Oatmeal"
I remembered a recipe I’d seen from Laura at Sprint 2 The Table that had intrigued me. It was called Maple TVP Protein “Oatmeal” & sounded really good. This is MY take on Laura’s recipe...
- 1/3 c TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 c water
- 2 Tbsp old fashioned oats
- Cinnamon Raisin TVP Oatmeal vegetable protein TVP raisin protein oats PB oats oatmeal cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Just Like Sugar Brown
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or extract of choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 5 drops stevia glycerite (liquid stevia, or other sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp egg whites
- 1/2 serving (about 20g) raisins
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Raisin PB (for topping)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all ingredients (except egg whites, PB, & raisins) in a small pot & heat til boiling.
Stir, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, & let cook about 5 minutes, then add the raisins & mix. Cover & let cook about another 5 minutes or so until the liquid is gone & it looks thicker.
Slowly stir in the egg whites so that they don’t glob up & are smooth, soaked into the oats & TVP.
Place “oatmeal” into a serving bowl & top with a tbsp of your favorite nut butter.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?