Creamy Potato Soup
- 2 quarts water for boiling potatoes
- 8 potatoes
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bit
- 1/4 green onion
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Boil the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large pot, add the broth, onions, salt, pepper, and water. Let is simmer on medium low.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the 2 sticks of butter. Whisk in the 3/4 cup flour and add to your broth mixture slowly.
5. Add the heavy cream slowly to thicken.
6. Let that simmer for 20 minutes and add the potatoes.
7. Serve with green onions, bacon, and cheese if you’d like!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!