Classic Macaroni Salad
Easy and delicious!
- 2 boxes elbow macaroni
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- ¾ to 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Italian dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
*boil eggs ahead of time
Put a large pot of water up to boil,
Meanwhile, finely chop onion, peppers, and hard boiled eggs and set aside.
Add macaroni to boiling pot and cook as directed, drain well and put in LARGE bowl.
Add chopped onions, peppers, and eggs to HOT macaroni and stir. Egg yolks should begin to coat macaroni. Stir for another 2 minutes.
Generously salt and pepper macaroni, add mayonnaise and Italian dressing and stir again.
Taste salad, add more mayo, dressing, or salt & pepper if needed.
Cover and chill in fridge for 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Terri's Goulash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes 2.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Macaroni and creamed tomatoes 2.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Mom's Spinach Salad 2.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Jeffs old fashion potato salad 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Salad 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini gratin with goat cheese... 3/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.