Beef Potato Casserole
- 1. 1 brick of cheddar cheese or colby jack
- 2. 4 lbs of ground beef
- 3. 8 potatoes (Yukon Gold preferred)
- 4.Sea salt
- 5. Tomato sauce (ie; Ragu) or Ketchup (the darker, the better)
- 6. Butter or I can't believe it's not butter.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Season the ground beef with sea salt and pour tomato sauce to taste. Cook until beef turns dark brown in color and is moist.
Boil all of the potatoes (peeled) for as long as it takes for you to be able to poke a fork easily through them.
Shred the cheese while the potatoes boil and set aside.
Remove the potatoes. In a bowl, mash them with some butter and the potato juice from the boiling pot. (You can turn off the stove by now!)
Now that all is prepared, in a glass rectangular pan, place all of the beef on the bottom and try to even it out so that it can cover any open space.
Add the mashed potatoes on top (very slowly) and spoon around with a big wooden spoon to make it even.
Use your hands to top with cheddar and place in the oven for about 30 mins on 320*F or 325*F.
The trick is to make sure the cheese stays yellow and does not get burned. So if you notice the cheese starting to get brown, lower the heat by 20*F.
You'll also love
- Shepherd's Pie 3.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sheppard's Pie 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Casserole Redone 2.8/5 (54 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spaghetti Casserole 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- VEGAN CARIBBEAN SHEPHERD'S PIE 2.2/5 (6 Votes)