How to make a mean sliced potato casserole - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Sliced potato casserole recipes
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 2.8-ounce jar real bacon pieces (or 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled)
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
20 easy dishes to bring to parties
Whether you're heading to a game-day PARTY, picnic, POTLUCK, etc., here we've rounded up 20 DELICIOUS easy-to-make recipes to feed a hungry crowd.
Sweet Potato Casserole
I use pecans this really the best casserole I've had
- Sweet potato casserole
- 3 cups of cooked sweet potatoes (tall can) 1 cup sugar 1 stick butter 1 tsp. vanilla 2 eggs Beat and place in buttered dish Topping 1 cup of light brown sugar 1/3 cup of flour 1/3 cup of butter 1 cup walnuts or pecans Mix with fork or fingers, pour over potatoe ingredients and top with nuts bake for one hour at 350.
20 practical gift ideas for Christmas dinner
Got out of hosting Christmas dinner this year? You still can't show up empty-handed. Here are 20 original gifts that your host will love!
Ham and Potato Casserole
Peel potatoes and dice into one-inch size pieces
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoon butter, divided (unsalted is best)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 16 oz. processed cheese spread (such as Light Velveeta)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 pounds ham, diced
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2 pounds potatoes (I prefer Red or Yukon gold), peeled and boiled
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, cubed and room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp green onion, sliced thin
15 weeknight shortcut dinner recipes
With these shortcuts, you can get your favorites on the table FAST!
Beef Potato Casserole
Season the ground beef with sea salt and pour tomato sauce to taste
- 1. 1 brick of cheddar cheese or colby jack
- 2. 4 lbs of ground beef
- 3. 8 potatoes (Yukon Gold preferred)
- 4.Sea salt
- 5. Tomato sauce (ie; Ragu) or Ketchup (the darker, the better)
- 6. Butter or I can't believe it's not butter.