Aunt Georgann's Dressing
I love stuffing and my Aunt's recipe is the best. It tastes so good and has great flavor!
- 6 C. dry bread crumbs 1 egg (opt.slightly beaten)
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning 1 C. chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt 1 C. margarine
- 1/4 tsp. pepper 1 C. chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp. thyme 1-1/2 C. chopped celery
- 1 tsp. sage
- 3/4 tsp. basil
- 3/4 tsp. rosemary
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Place bread crumbs and seasoning in a large bowl. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Saute onion and celery in 4 T. margarine. Heat chicken broth in saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining margarine; heat until melted. Pour onion and celery mixture over bread crumbs. Mix. Pour broth over bread crumbs and mix thoroughly until moistened. Stuff bird or bake as a casserole on the side.