Lemon Butter Spaghetti with Mushrooms
This easy to prepare weeknight pasta dish is a staple in our house. It's always good to have a few budget friendly vegetarian dishes to turn to on a busy evening!
Find more recipes from the Kitchen Witch here
It's always good to have a few budget-friendly vegetarian dishes to turn to on a busy day! Discover our recipe.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms any variety
- 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, minced garlic
- 5 slices of lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 450 grams spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Saute the mushrooms over medium high heat in the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter just until the mushrooms begin to release their water. At this point add the salt, pepper, and garlic and continue to stir and saute until the mushroom water is almost evaporated.
Add the lemon slices (remove any seeds), thyme, and rosemary and stir in the pan.
Cover with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat slightly and continue to simmer until the sauce has reduced by about half.
When the sauce has reduced, turn off the heat and add the second tbsp of butter stirring as it melts.
Cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water just until al dente and drain.
Bring the sauce back up to the boil and add the cooked spaghetti. Toss until the sauce is almost completely incorporated into the spaghetti. Add the parsley at this time if using. Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Vegetable Pot Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Scallops in filo 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Risotto with mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Cookie Cutter Eggs 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli in Crescent... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Super Easy Italian Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Angel hair pasta with shrimp,... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?