Rosy Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Rosy pink raspberries and hazelnut chocolate combine to make a festive luscious cheesecake. Rich and rewarding with every bite.
- • 400 grams tub cream cheese
- • 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry yogourt
- • 1/3 cup sugar
- • 7 drops red food colouring(optional)
- • 2 pints fresh raspberries
- • 1 Recipe Chocolate Hazelnut
- • 400 grams tub Philadelphia cream cheese
- • 1/8 cup cocoa
- • 1 tablespoon flour, halved and set aside
- • 1/2 cup nutella
- • 1/4 cup sugar
- • 1 Almond Shortbread Crust
- • 250 grams pkg. of almond shortbread cookies (like Voortmans)
- • 2 tablespoons melted butter
- • 2 lg. eggs, seperated
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a food processor whiz the cookies to make crumbs. Add the butter and mix.
2. Press 3/4 of the crumbs onto the bottom of a parchment lined springform pan. Set aside the remaining crumbs for the topping.
3. In a small saucepot cook the raspberries with 2-3 tbsp of water until softened. Mash with a fork to speed the process.
4.Strain the seeds by pressing through a strainer. You should have approx. 3/4cup of puree.
5. In the same food processor cream the cheese to remove any lumps. Add the yogourt, sugar, raspberry puree, 1/2 tbsp flour and the drops of food colouring blend well.
6. Add 1 egg to the blended mixture and pulse to mix. Do not overmix or the cheesecake will incorporate too much air
7. Pour mixture onto the crumb crust and spread.
8. Using the same processor (no need to wash) cream the cheese, cocoa, nutella, remaining flour, and sugar
9. Add the egg and pulse until mixed. DO NOT OVERMIX
10. Pour onto the pink base and using a knife or spatula swirl the two flavours together
11. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs around the edge to create a decorative effect.
12. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 1hr. Place a small saucepot 3/4 filled with water to make a Bain Marie. This will prevent cracking.
13. Remove from oven allow to sit 5-10min. Using the back of a knife, run the knife along the outside crust to loosen it so that the cheesecake will not crack when cooling. Refrigerate for 3 hrs or overnight.
You'll also love
- BANANA PUDDING 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Creme Brulee 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Choreg (Armenian Easter Bread) 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Classic Turkey Pot Pie 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry Orange Smoothie 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Blue Frost 3.8/5 (46 Votes)
- Bourbon Chocolate & Pomegranate... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This no-bake dessert is so quick, so easy, and oh so delicious!
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 4 small graham crackers
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Fill each strawberry with the cheesecake filling.
- Smash the graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!