Beet Juice Grape Jelly (Preserves)
From our member: "Tastes just like grape jelly! This recipe was given to me from one of the kids' elementary teachers, and I have made just a minor change to make it my own!"
- 3 cups liquid (juice) strained from cooked beets (just the liquid not the beet itself)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 box plus 1 tbsp pectin crystals
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 small box grape jelly powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Bring beet juice and lemon juice to a boil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Stir in the pectin. Remove from heat and add the sugar and the jelly powder. Place pot back over medium heat and bring to a boil again. Boil 1 minute.
Spoon jelly into clean, sterile 1-cup canning jars and seal, leaving 1/4 inch space. Let set about 2 weeks before using.
If jelly doesn't seem to be thickening after leaving it for the two weeks, just leave it longer, it WILL eventually thicken and if you can't wait, you can eat it, it's just runny!
You'll also love
- Instant Blueberry Preserves On Rye 3.9/5 (51 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Vanilla Peach Butter 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Jalapeno, Mint Jelly for Lamb 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Sunshine Juice Blend 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Salad "Necklace" 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Mini Cheesecakes with Cranberry... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Plain cookie on yogurt with jam. 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- All Raw Soup 3.9/5 (20 Votes)