Delicious Red Onion Salad Dressing
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pecan halves - toasted 250 mL
- 2 oranges - peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 small red onion - chopped
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place lettuce, pecans and oranges in salad bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients in blender.
Blend until well mixed. Make ahead and refrigerate until ready to toss salad.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.