Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla, salt and vinegar. Beat in the egg, then the baking soda and flour. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the dough into two equal portions and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl cream the cream cheese with the sugar until thoroughly combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
In a 9x13 pan, spread 1/2 of the cookie dough mixture evenly across the bottom. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the top of the cookie dough. With the remaining cookie dough, flatten chunks of dough between your hands into discs, and then place on top of the cream cheese mixture. The dough discs don't have to touch, just place them near each other so they cover the surface as well as possible.
Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is brown and cooked through.
You'll also love
- Brasted's Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Tea Biscuits 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Turtles 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Trail mix 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- homemade cheese cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mini Cheesecakes with Cranberry... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Cherry Cheese Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate Bar Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This no-bake dessert is so quick, so easy, and oh so delicious!
- 12 strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package)
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 4 small graham crackers
- Hull the strawberries.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Fill each strawberry with the cheesecake filling.
- Smash the graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe