- * 2 lbs of ripe mangoes
- * 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- * 3/4 cups of water
- * 3 saffron threads (Optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil, steam or microwave the WHOLE mango until soft. Let it cool then peel and remove the inner seed.
Place mango pulp in a large bowl. Use fork or potato masher to mash the pulp well.
Place the sugar and water in a large saucepan over LOW HEAT. Stir mixture and bring to boil. When mixture begins to boil, increase heat to MEDIUM-HIGH. Continue boiling until fine, soft threads form.
Stir pulp and add the saffron threads, if desired, and boil.
Continue to boil until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
Pour cooked mango jam into sterilized jars and seal according to canning directions.
You'll also love
- Mango Popsicles 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Fruit Gazpacho with Jam and Fresh... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Vegan Club Sandwich 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast... 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Bubble Bread/Monkey Bread 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Vegetarian eggplant, my way 2.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Dad's Scones 3.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Mango and coconut pacchadi. 2.1/5 (105 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.