Authentic Japanese Potstickers
This recipe is a family recipe of an exchange student who stayed in our community.
- 2-3 packages of wonton wrappers
- 1/2 small cabbage
- 3-4 green onions
- 1/2 lb carrots
- package of fresh mushrooms
- 2 short cans bamboo shoots
- 1 lb ground pork
- package of fajita seasoning (in Asian aisle)
- soy sauce to taste
- pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
Fine chop all vegetables. Saute in little vegetable oil in order of roughness til soft. Season with pepper, soy sauce, and fajita packet.
Saute and season ground pork and add to vegetable mixture. Let cool.
Lay our wrapper. Place 1/2t filling in center. Wet the edges and fold to seal closed.
At this point they can be frozen and kept for later or cooked. If frozen, do not thaw before cooking. Just follow cooking directions.
Put potstickers in a nonstick frying pan, evenly spaced so as not to stick together. Add a small amount of water. Cover and steam on medium/low heat til soft but not soggy. Transfer to a plate and allow water to dry up so you don't get the water in the hot oil.
In a stainless frying pan get 1T vegetable oil hot. Put steamed potstickers in hot oil and fry til golden brown on the bottom. Serve with soy sauce to dip.
Putting potstickers from steaming straight to hot oil will cause lots of popping and could burn skin.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.2/5 (243 Votes)
- Mama Jean's Lumpia Shanghai 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Savoury Soup Muffins 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- FRIED WONTON 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Nacho Cheese Dip 2.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Party-Ready Taco Salad Chip Dip 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Asian Sture Fry 2.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Fajita Dippers 2.6/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.