Creamy Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 8 9oz mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3 2 1/2 inch strips of orange zest
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 400. Cook green beans in pot of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender. Cook onions in skillet on medium heat for 4 minutes, add mushrooms and garlic and a touch of oil, increase heat to medium high and cook until veggies are tender, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, paprika, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4 cup water. Add to mushroom mix, mix well. Fold in greens beans and zest and cook about 2 to 3 more minutes.
You'll also love
- Coconut Mango Overnight Oats 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Kickin Kale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Country Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Picture-Frame Eggs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade do whatever twist you... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Discover how to cook green vegetables the right way!