Fried Pineapple Quinoa
- 1Cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2Carrots sliced
- 1Small bell pepper sliced
- 1Cup fresh pineapple pieces
- 1Tsp ginger garlic
- 1Green chili sliced
- 1Tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2Tsp red chili powder (Adjust acc.)
- 1/4Tsp soy sauce
- 1Tbs oil
- Salt for Taste
- Pinch of sugar (Optional)
- Few spring onions sliced
- 2Tsp toasted coconut flakes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from ammajirecipes.blogspot.com
Heat a wide pan with oil. Add ginger garlic paste to pan & fry it for few seconds. To that add onion & green chilli's. Stir fry them for 1min.
Now add pineapples, bell pepper & carrots to pan & stir fry. Add chili powder, salt & garam masala powder to pan & close it with a lid for 2mins.
Add cooked quinoa to pan along with soy sause & stir fry it for few seconds.Adjust salt & chili powder if needed.
Switch off heat & garnish with spring onions & toasted coconut flakes.
- Instead of quinoa you can use rice.
- You can replace garam masala powder with curry powder of your choice.
You'll also love
- Hubby's Fave Drunken Chickens 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Saji Meva Rice 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Falafel Balls 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Coconut Red Bean Soup 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Mammys Green Onion Dip 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Breakfast Crepes 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Golden Fried Oysters 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.