Chewy Gooey Flourless Chocolate Cookies
Nicknamed "Black Friday Cookies," these treats can be mixed up and baked rather quickly to enjoy after a long day of shopping on Black Friday... the day after the American Thanksgiving.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 14mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper (or silpat mats). If you use parchment paper, give it a light swoosh of nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt. Whisk in egg whites (start w/ just two) and vanilla extract and beat just until the batter is moistened. You're looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white-- then a 4th one if it still seems too thick. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter onto the prepared baking sheets in 12 evenly spaced mounds per cookie sheet. I like to use a spring-release cookie scoop. Bake about 14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked. Slide the parchment paper (with the cookies) onto wire racks. Let cookies cool completely, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
*If you're baking this as a "gluten-free" recipe, just make sure that the brand of chocolate chips you are using is gluten free.
*Let the cookies cool completely before you attempt to remove them from the mat or the parchment. They're delicate, so gently peeling the paper away from the cookie works best.
You'll also love
- Flourless Quick Peanut Butter... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cornflake Candy 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut... 3.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Coconut cookies 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortbread Protein... 3.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Starcrunch cookies 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Rama Navami specials (panagam,... 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Treats 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!