- Garlic pizza dough (see my recipe)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 large mushrooms
- 1/4 red pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1/4 green pepper sliced in thin strips
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 3/4 pint graped tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup spinach leaves sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place a pizza stone on the centre rack to heat up.
Spread the spaghetti sauce over the crust and top with 2/3 of the grated mozzarella cheese.
Arrange the mushrooms, onions & peppers on the pizza and top with the remaining cheese.
Next add the tomatoes, spinach, parmesan cheese & spinach.
Bake on the hot pizza stone for 15 minutes.
Add all your favourite toppings. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before serving. (Note: My pizza above is pictured BEFORE it was cooked.)
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Vegetable Ragout 3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings Soup 3.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Stuffed Green Peppers 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- BAKED APPLES 2.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Veggie Meat 2.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Dunnett Style Homemade Pizza 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Pizza Dough 2.7/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!