Zucchini & Almond Salad in warm Honey & Tahini dressing
- 3 courgettes
- a handful of raw almonds
- 100g/3oz smoked cheese, thinly sliced
- For the dressing:
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1tbsp warm honey
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Adapted from mummysfastandeasy.com
Use a vegetable peeler and cut the courgettes into thin ribbons.
Place in a shallow bowl. Add the cheese and almonds.
To prepare the dressing - just whisk together the ingredients.
Pour over the courgette salad and serve.
Why not try adding some fresh mint leaves?
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!