Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake
- 8 oz smooth light ricotta
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch Bundt pan with cooking oil. Beat the ricotta, oil and granulated sugar in a large bowl or food processor. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture in batches, alternating with the yogurt. Mix just until everything is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle half the sugar mixture over the batter in the pan. Add the remaining batter and top with the remaining sugar mixture.
Bake in the center of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out dry.
Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. When it's completely cool, invert it carefully onto a serving plate.
Rose Reisman's amazing coffee cake recipe.
You'll also love
- Cherry Cheese Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Rich Dundee Cake 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Bourbon Chocolate & Pomegranate... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Creole Rice Cake 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies 3.9/5 (95 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Hummus 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Choco chip Whip 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!