Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Drizzle
I've baked a kings sum of cheesecakes, but one that really stuck was this unfathomably delicious Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake with a Salted Caramel Drizzle and Vanilla Wafer crust. Oh. Em. Gee. After the very first bite I was all over here like, “If you want to retain use of your fingers, do NOT approach.”
- 3, 8 oz. blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. GOOD vanilla
- 1 small box instant banana cream pie filling
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 package Vanilla Wafers, crushed
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 tbsp. 99 Bananas Liquor – optional
- Salted Caramel
- Whipped Cream & Cherries – optional
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Adapted from thefrontporchgourmet.wordpress.com
Place wafers in a food processor and process until ground into fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until well blended. Grease either a round springform or four mini springform pans. Place cookie mixture into each pan and firmly pat into the bottom. Bake at 400 for about 5-7 minutes.
In a mixer blend cream cheese and sugar until well creamed. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add vanilla, banana cream pudding, milk and liquor if using. Mix well.
Place sliced bananas on top of the baked crust. Pour batter over bananas. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes for minis or 45 minutes for a full sized pan. The center should still be a little jiggly. Let cool on a rack for about an hour, then transfer to the fridge to cool overnight. Before serving, drizzle cakes with Salted Caramel. Top with whipped cream, cherries and additional bananas if desired.
* If you really like salted caramel, it can also be swirled into the batter after pouring batter into the pans.
You'll also love
- MEXICAN WEDDING CAKE COOKIES 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Hot Fudge Pie 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Mini Cheesecakes with Cranberry... 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Banana Bread with Maraschino... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Peruvian Salsa Verde 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING (stovetop method) 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana split 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- PUMPKIN PUDDING 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.