Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1T. cornstarch
- 1 T. cold water.
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. soy sauce
- 1/4 C. vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
In a small saucepan, combine 1T. cornstarch and 1 T. cold water. Add 1/2 C. brown sugar, 1/2 C. soy sauce, 1/4 C. vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove (or 1/8 tsp. garlic powder), 1/2 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles. Brush the mixture on cut up fryer chicken. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in 425 degree over for 30 min., brushing with soy mixture every 10 minutes. Turn chicken skin, side up. Bake 30 minutes, brushing occasionally with soy mixture. Drain one 1 lb. 4 oz. can pineapple chunks and add to chicken in baking pan during last 10 minutes of baking.
You'll also love
- Hot and Sour Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ New Sweet n Sour Chicken 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Steat- Peppered with Cheesy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cupboard Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.