Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Peanut Sauce
Baked & stuffed sweet potatoes have been on my to-make list for quite some time now. I finally got down to making some and I'm not sure why I waited so long - such an easy and fulfilling meal. After taking an Asian street food cooking class, I wanted to use the delicious peanut sauce that we made for my baked potatoes. I've decided that the ability to whip up a quick sauce is crucial to coming up with last minute meals. So I grabbed black beans, cilantro, made my peanut sauce + sprinkled on some crushed peanuts, crunchy banana chips & finished with a squeeze of lime. Sweet potato bliss!
- Peanut Sauce:
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4-5 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sriracha pepper sauce
- ¾ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp kosher salt or soy sauce
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans
- drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe peanut sauce
- ¼ cup crushed roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup roughly chopped banana chips (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- sliced into wedges
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Adapted from oatandsesame.com
In a large bowl, mix the hot water, rice vinegar and sugar until completely dissolved.
Add the sriracha and peanut butter. Whisk vigorously to emulsify. It will thicken as the sauce comes together and cools. If it's too thick, you can add a little extra hot water until you reach the consistency you desire.
Add salt or soy sauce and taste. Add more sugar or sriracha if desired.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Bake the sweet potatoes. About 40 min at 400F depending on the size your potatoes.
Prepare the peanut sauce and other toppings while the potatoes are baking.
Cut the baked potatoes in half, score with a knife and top with black beans, peanut sauce, cilantro, peanuts and banana chips.
Squeeze a lime wedge over the top!
You'll also love
- Crockpot Chicken Burritos 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Jack's Favourite Banana Pancakes 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ White Chicken Chili 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chia Green Beets Smoothie - Power... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Meal Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Minestrone Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.