- 8 slices of bread
- 2 slices of ham
- 3/4 grated gruyère cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400
Butter the slices of bread.
Cut the ham slices into quarters.
With the four slices of bread put the grated cheese and a quarter of a slice of ham and grated cheese again.
Close the ham and cheese sandwich with the slices of remaining bread.
Cook in oven for 10 minutes
You'll also love
- Super Easy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- French Chocolate Cobblestones 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Crescent roll hot dog roll ups... 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Salmon Terrine Surprise 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Pulled Barbeque Pork Sandwiches 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Picnic Ham 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Bone in Ham 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.