- 2 zucchini very young, very thin
- romaine lettuce
- pine nuts
- parmesan (not grated)
- olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper
- garlic (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Slice the zucchini into thin slices with a mandolin, wash the salad, toast the pine nuts; emulsify the oil, vinegar, season with salt, pepper and a clove of minced garlic if you like.
Each plate , have the salad, sliced zucchini in a rosette, pine nuts and have beautiful shaved Parmesan. Serve with dressing on the side.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!