Healthy Greek Kabobs
So I love grilled foods in the summertime, why not keep it healthy but still savory? These Greek Kabobs are great! I love the little Greek store in my area where I can get fresh feta! enjoy!
- 24 grape or small cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- cut into 12 (1/2-inch) cubes
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 small red or sweet onion
- cut into 12 (1/2-inch) pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Special equipment: 12 (6-inch) bamboo or wood skewers
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time to assemble!
For the Skewers: Thread the skewers starting with a tomato, then a piece of feta cheese, an olive, a piece of onion and finish with another tomato. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. TIP feta tends to crumble before you can skewer it. An easy solution: pop the block in your freezer for 30 minutes before chopping it up. You still have to be careful when you stick the pieces, but the cheese should hold its shape much better.
For the Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar and oregano. Whisk in the olive oil until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Arrange the skewers on a serving platter. Spoon the vinaigrette over the skewers and sprinkle with the chopped oregano. enjoy!
You'll also love
- Aunt Georgann's Dressing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grape Kabobs 3.6/5 (101 Votes)
- Mushroom wrapped pancetta skewers 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- Homemade Mayonnaise 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Summer Squash Frittata 3.6/5 (73 Votes)
- Truffle Oil Vinaigrette 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Savories- Lamb Kabobs 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.