Our vegetarian feta cheese recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: French Strawberry Mille Feuille
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Vegetarian feta cheese recipes
Spinach Pie with Feta - Spanakopita
Flaky phyllo sheets are layered with a savory spinach and feta cheese filling
- 2.5 lbs. spinach, chopped (you can substitute frozen, thawed well)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 large onions, diced
- 2 bunches green onions, diced (incl. 4 inches green)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (substitute 3 tbsp. dried)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 lb. ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. phyllo pastry sheets
Healthy Greek Kabobs
By european cutie, European Cutie
So I love grilled foods in the summertime, why not keep it healthy but still savory? These Greek Kabobs are great!
- 24 grape or small cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into 12 (1/2-inch) cubes
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 small red or sweet onion, cut into 12 (1/2-inch) pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Special equipment: 12 (6-inch) bamboo or wood skewers
Chicken Sun Dried Broccoli Raab
Heat the oil from sun-dried tomatoes in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- 1 cup diced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tablespoon oil from jar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
"skinny" greek spanakopita triangles
By european cutie, European Cutie
This is my healthier version of the traditional greek spanakopita
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 ounce frozen spinach (thawed)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 12 ounce crumbled fresh feta cheese
- 2 medium eggs, beaten (organic)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick butter ( fat free, melted)
- 1 package phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
By Neigeline du blog Ma P'tite Cuisine ...
Artichoke Carpaccio. Discover our recipe
- 3 artichoke hearts
- 4 basil leaves
- crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil
- tex mex spice mixture (red onion, red pepper, sweet chilli, coriander, sesame seeds, cumin, oregano, parsley)
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!