- 1 large fennel bulb, chopped very thinly
- 1/2 onion, chopped very thinly
- 2-3 c arugula
- lemon juice from one lemon
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBS Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 1 TBS Bourbon Smoked Salt
- Small piece of fresh parmesan reggiano
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Mixed together fennel, onion, and arugula. In a separate bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, Bourbon Smoked Pepper, and Bourbon Smoked Salt. Pour this mixture over the fennel, arugula, and onion. Top with thin slices of parmesan reggiano.
You'll also love
- Fish and Vegetable Casserole 4.8/5 (72 Votes)
- Middle Eastern Style Cucumber... 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ bacon wrapped asparagus 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Korean Pancakes 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Icing 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Ramon Salad 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (186 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!