Sauerkraut Pork Chops
Easy one-pan dish.
- 1 pkg. pork chops (with 4 or 5 chops
- weighing 3-4 oz each.)
- 6 medium red potatoes
- scrubbed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 onion
- very finely sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can or bag sauerkraut
- 1 can chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in deep skillet,
Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Brown pork chops in pan on both sides, a nice deep brown. Add sliced onions and simmer 5 minutes.
Add sliced potatoes to pan around pork chops, sprinkle potatoes with pepper.
Cover chops and potatoes with sauerkraut, pour in chicken broth until just short of covering pork chops. Turn down heat.
Cover, and cook on low heat for 45 minutes to an hour.
You'll also love
- Cabbage Rolls 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Mexican Pumpkin Pasole 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- BARBECUE BAKED BEANS 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Fresh Red Bean and Beef Chili 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Pork chops and pumpkin 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- sweet and sour pork 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Simple Chicken and Dumplings 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Penne with Tomato Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.