A delicious mix of ground beef, sauce & green bell peppers
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 green bell peppers
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 14 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 28 oz. tomato puree
- bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Add tomato puree, paste & stewed tomatoes into large stock pot, add (2) 6oz. cans of water & 1/2 c. sugar.
In bowl add beef, 2 eggs, breadcrumbs & a little sauce to meat.
Cut holes in peppers, remove stem & seeds. Stuff peppers w/ beef. Indent top w/ thumb. Make meatballs with rest of beef.
Put peppers & meatballs into stock pot with sauce. Cook on low heat, rotating ever hr. to cook evenly. Cook for approx. 4 hrs.
You'll also love
- Baked Pork Chops 4.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Low Fat Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Granny's Potato Salad 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- HOT DOG CHILI 4.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Paleo Taco Soup 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Simple Green Smoothie (Green... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Marinated Seared Tuna 3/5 (228 Votes)
- Carrots, Potatoes and Parsnip... 5/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!