Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Salted Burnt Caramel Sauce
Decadent, luscious and creamy with drizzled with Burnt Salted Caramel Sauce. A show stopping dessert...great for any special occasion
- 2 pkgs. brick cream cheese
- room temperature
- 500 ml sour cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/2cup chopped 50% dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lg eggs
- 2 sleeves
- crushed Oreo cookies
- 3-4 tbsp melted shortening
- Caramel Topping:
- 1/4 cup dolce de leche condensed milk
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt (for sprinkling)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
In a mixer beat cheese, sour cream, vanilla and sugar together until the cheese is thoroughly smooth and free of lumps for approx. 2min.
Add coffee, cocoa, melted chocolate, flour and continue mixing until no streaks remain.
Drop in eggs and beat only until combined. *Over beating eggs will allow cheesecake to rise and crack when it settles.*
*chop chocolate and melt in the microwave for 1min on high. Remove and stir until melted. If it does not completely melt reheat for another 30sec. depending on you microwave power*
Crust: Chop cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs and add melted shortening to combine.
*Place shortening into a ramekin and melt in microwave for 1 min. or in a small saucepot over med. heat*
Press crumbs into the bottom of an 8" or 9" springform pan with the back of a spoon or bottom of a glass. *If mixture sticks, dip spoon/glass into sugar* Lined with parchment paper on bottom and sides for easy removal. *dab the bottom and sides of the parchment with residue from shortening ramekin to "stick" paper to the pan.*
Carefully pour the cheesecake mixture over the crumbs. I like to use the back of a large serving spoon to deflect the stream of the heavy mixture onto the crumbs which may move the crumbs. Spread evenly and bang the pan to release any bubbles. Break the bubbles with a swirl from a spoon.
Place on a large enough baking sheet and bake for 60min. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5min. Unlock the springform and continue to allow to cool. *Leave the parchment on the cheesecake while cooling. This helps it keep it's shape*
Refrigerate 1 day in advance for superior flavour. Can stay up to 3 days in refrigerator.
Caramel: In a small sauce pot blend ingredients on med high. Stirring constantly and watching carefully, allow the mixture to slightly scorch on the bottom, creating the "burnt" smoky scent and taste. Using a spatula remove caramel to stop scorching and place in a covered bowl.
Allow to cool and refrigerate until needed. When needed, bring to room temp. and pour over centre of cheesecake. Sprinkle each piece with 2 or 3 grains of salt.
Enjoy with love!
Place a small ovenproof container 3/4 filled with water into the oven and preheat the oven to 325F. *This is a bain marie and will prevent cracks on the top of the cheesecake*
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1118 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.5/5 (927 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (351 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- Almond Joy Ice Cream 4.3/5 (184 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
- Pretzel Crusted White Chocolate... 4.1/5 (119 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!