Applebee's Bourbon Street Steak
This succulent 10 oz steak is jazzed up with Cajun spices and served with sauteed onions and mushrooms.
- 2 10oz steaks
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Soy sauce
- 4 TSP Chili powder
- 1.5 TSP Meat tenderizer
- 2 TSP Paprika
- 2 TSP Ground black pepper
- 1 TSP Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 TSP Onion powder
- 1/2 TSP Ground oregano
- 2 Cups water
- GARLIC BUTTER
- 3 TBSP Salted butter
- 1/8 TSP Garlic powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ON THE SIDE
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 TBSP Salted butter
- 2 Cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 Cups of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/8 TSP Salt
- 1/8 TSP Ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
Pound steaks with a kitchen mallet to tenderize.
Submerse steaks in marinade, cover and store overnight in the refrigerator.
When your steaks have marinaded for approximately 24 hours, pre-heat the barbecue grill to medium/high heat and grill the steaks for 3-5 minutes per side or cooked until desired.
Melt 3 TBSP butter and combine with 1/8 TSP Garlic powder and pinch of salt.
Combine 1 TBSP butter and 1 TSP olive oil in a medium skillet over medium/low heat. When the butter is melted, add 2 cups onions and saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add sliced mushrooms, 1/8 TSP salt and 1/8 TSP pepper to pan, saute for another 2-3 minutes or until onions and mushrooms begin to slightly brown.
When steaks are done, spoon a couple of teaspoons of garlic butter over the tops of each steak and serve with mushrooms and onions on the side.
I have a family of 5 so I double everything.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture