Classic Bourbon Gingerbread Cookies
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 2 c + 3 TBS all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 c Bourbon Vanilla Sugar + more for garnish
- 1/3 c Pure Cane Sorghum
- 1 TBS oil
- 1/2-1 oz bourbon
- 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and spices. In a separate bowl, beat butter, Bourbon Vanilla Sugar, and Pure Cane Sorghum for 2 minutes on medium. Add egg, Bourbon Vanilla Extract, bourbon, and oil. Do not over beat. In additions of three, combine the flour mixture to the butter mixture. The batter will be soft. With a spoon, dollop batter on the baking sheets lined with parchment. These cookies spread out a lot, so a little bit of batter goes a long way. Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with Bourbon Vanilla Sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes. These cookies are best when they are still warm!
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Covered Strawberries 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Incision cake "Capital" 4/5 (21 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Whipped Short Bread Cookies 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Bourbon Blood Orange 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Peach Mojito 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.