Pav bajji - bread
- all purpose Flour 3.5 Cup
- Yeast 3.5 Grams = 1 & 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 Teaspoons
- Sugar 1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter 3.5 Teaspoons
- Water Warm 1.75 Cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Add 1&1/4 tsp yeast and 1tsp sugar to Warm water -1& 3/4 cup of 105 - 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Yeast starts bubbling up.
let it stand for 5 minutes ie, until the yeast is activated and the mixture is frothy.
In a bowl mix 3 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1tsp salt, butter and the milk-yeast mixture. Make a soft dough and cover the bowl with kitchen towel for 3 hours or until the dough becomes double its volume.
Brush the pan with olive oil and spread the dough equally round, place the rolls in the pan .
Cover and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to an hour.
Bake at 400f for 20-30 minutes, until the bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with fingers.
Remove, let cool.coat it with oil or butter.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1441 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- The best yeast rolls, proofed in... 4.2/5 (120 Votes)
- Parker House Rolls 4.1/5 (120 Votes)
- Sweet Bread Machine Challah 4/5 (117 Votes)
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (113 Votes)
- CINNNAMON ROLLS 4/5 (102 Votes)
- Mango Chutney (Mango Relish, Aam... 4.8/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.