Pav bajji - bread
- all purpose Flour 3.5 Cup
- Yeast 3.5 Grams = 1 & 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/2 Teaspoons
- Sugar 1/2 Teaspoons
- Butter 3.5 Teaspoons
- Water Warm 1.75 Cup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Add 1&1/4 tsp yeast and 1tsp sugar to Warm water -1& 3/4 cup of 105 - 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Yeast starts bubbling up.
let it stand for 5 minutes ie, until the yeast is activated and the mixture is frothy.
In a bowl mix 3 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1tsp salt, butter and the milk-yeast mixture. Make a soft dough and cover the bowl with kitchen towel for 3 hours or until the dough becomes double its volume.
Brush the pan with olive oil and spread the dough equally round, place the rolls in the pan .
Cover and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to an hour.
Bake at 400f for 20-30 minutes, until the bread is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped with fingers.
Remove, let cool.coat it with oil or butter.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.